The ConneXion Ensemble of the Nordhorn music school consists of 30 to 35 young musicians from Nordhorn and the neighboring Netherlands. The unusual line-up unites brass, strings, percussion instruments, a band and vocals in a single ensemble - externally similar to a big band, but with strings and a high percussion part. Since 2004, the ensemble has regularly qualified to participate in the European Youth Music Festival and was able to attract a lot of attention there each time: The name of the ensemble was the first performances in 2004 on both sides of the famous Öresund Bridge between Copenhagen and Malmö. The name is also the symbol of the composition of the players (Germans and Dutch) and the integration of different music styles (folklore, classical elements and pop music) -ConneXion.
- 2004 in Sweden and Denmark: Program UNISONO together with the Bagamoyo Players from Tanzania
- 2007 in Hungary: Program Kapcsolat with music partly based on the music of Béla Bartók
- 2009 in Upper Austria: Program: MIXX with some old, but also three new pop songs
- 2012 Italy (Bologna): Program Sayyida Salme with a biography of the Zanzibar princess, who spent most of her life in Germany.
- 2016 Spain: mixed program with excerpts from the ConneXion Musical D-Ten, previously performed in Nordhorn.
- 2018 Netherlands: Program: Europe